Kip McGrath Afrikaans
Kip McGrath specialises in Afrikaans Tuition, offering face-to-face tutoring to children from Grade R through to Grade 12.
Five Key Areas in the Kip McGrath Afrikaans Curriculum
- Vocabulary development and grammar
- Essay writing
This important programme is designed to assist first and second language Afrikaans speakers who have been identified as having difficulties. It is also targeted at children who have managed to progress through the school system yet lack any real reading capabilities. This programme takes children right back to the basics of Afrikaans and is an intensive intervention programme. A FREE assessment is conducted to determine if this programme is appropriate for your child.
- Intensive tutor intervention
- Lessons targeted at key reading skills
- Workbook-based activities, homework sheets and booklets
- Computer learning to engage children and accelerate drill
Children who struggle with reading are disadvantaged at school and in life. Reading difficulties are common in children, but with proper attention these difficulties can usually be identified and corrected. The qualified tutors at Kip McGrath understand that reading difficulties are sensitive and potentially embarrassing for children and parents. At our centres, all students are treated with respect and understanding. A positive learning environment makes achievement natural and fun.
An Afrikaans Tutoring Programme May Consist of Activities to Develop...
- Essay writing
- An individually tailored reading programme based on your child's needs
- Caring and committed tutors
- Increased vocabulary and comprehension
- Teaching of basic Afrikaans grammar concepts
- Conversation, speaking in sentences and pronunciation
- Varied learning activities, including the use of audio, written exercises, computer-based activities and teacher interaction
- Regular and consistent homework to reinforce learning (homework is only half-an-hour per subject)
- Regular feedback and progress reports to parents
Students See Rapid Benefits in Their Language Skills Resulting in...
- Keeping pace with their schoolwork
- The ability to participate in classroom discussions
All children are given a FREE initial assessment to identify areas where learning needs to be concentrated. An individual learning programme is then tailored for your child based on the assessment results. While all centres provide extra lessons for maths, Afrikaans and English, not all centres offer all modules or additional subjects, so please confirm with your local Kip McGrath centre.